Guest Post Guidelines
If you would like to be considered to be a contributor to our Blog on Strategic Housing, please review the guidelines and Author Blog Release before sending your submission.
- All posts must focus on content that supports the mission of Strategic Housing and will:
- Connect people and share innovative ideas, best practices, and replicable models to positively impact communities; and
- Build awareness, educate, and create actionable ideas.
- Your post must be original content that was not published previously in its entirety on the web or in print; however, subject to item 3 below, existing content may be adapted for publication.
- Your content must contain factual and verifiable data or information worthy of public trust with cites to any and all sources of data, quotations, and outside content referenced.
- Your post should be at least 1,000 words in length and no more than 2,500 words.
- Each post should include a brief introduction to clarify why the subject and content is important.
- Your post should be divided with subheadings.
- Please include images and infographics that support content.
- Your content becomes the property of KHC and can be edited, adjusted, or adapted to support the mission of this Blog and be grammatically correct. If substantive changes are needed, you will receive the submission back for a final review before posting.
- KHC cannot allow you to republish your guest post to your own blog or social media account. However, please share links of the Blog posting to your social media accounts or by email.
What is Not Accepted:
- Content that has been covered on our blog before.
- Anything that is inaccurate or offensive.
- Anything that is overly critical or written as a grievance of individuals or organizations.
- Promotions of specific products or services.
- More than one link to your organization’s website.
How to Submit
- Send submissions and the Author Blog Release for consideration to via the form on the Contributors page. KHC will only respond if KHC chooses, in its sole discretion, to publish the submission and your submission meets editorial standards and aligns with the mission of this Blog. Please note that this process may take 1-2 weeks for feedback to be provided.
- Please include your biography in 2-3 sentences, links to your blog, website, and social media accounts such as LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Send your completed post as an HTML file or Word document.
- Attach image files with attributions, max file size of 1 MB (Megabyte).
- Link to hosted video files (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) with attributions.